Spill Center™ typically completes more than 300 U.S. DOT Incident Report forms each month as part of our program of spill-related services for clients – more incident reports for clients than any other organization in the country. Spill Center clients include insurance companies and their customers, carriers, shippers, truck leasing and rental companies and chemical companies, among others. As such, Spill Center representatives were members of the U.S. DOT Task Force on proposed rulemaking for the DOT 5800.1 Incident Report.
Insurance companies join the Spill Center Insurance Partnership Program, then invite their customers to enroll in the program at no charge. Insureds pay only for the Spill Center services when they need them. Spill Center helps spill generators control costs and limit liability after spills requiring emergency clean up using the following resources:
- Customized Spill Contingency Plan is tailored to each client’s needs with detailed spill-handling and reporting instructions to facilitate the proper handling of spills, even at night, on weekends and on holidays, anywhere in North America.
- Trained Compliance Associates staff a Spill Hotline 24/7 to activate the client’s contingency plan in the event of a spill and take steps to initiate site cleanup and remediation. Spill Center’s staff includes legal, technical and environmental specialists.
- Database of current local, state/provincial and federal reporting requirements for jurisdictions throughout North America to determine which reports must be completed following spills and when. That means no more wading through screen after screen of regulations on government websites searching for information.
- Find Responders Sooner using Spill Center’s Cleanup Contractor database with information on pre-qualified environmental contractors throughout North America. Clients can find contactors they want, where and when they want. Contractor capabilities, equipment inventories and insurance coverages are also on file.
- Avoid problems because Spill Center services are designed to enable clients to maintain a sound system of internal controls to manage hazmat materials and spill response processes. Thorough documentation of all reporting and remediation activities performed on behalf of clients is maintained to limit environmental liability and establish legal defense against any third-party claims that might arise from spills.
- Proprietary Automated Systems developed by Spill Center track incidents, produce standard and customized reports to identify conditions and trends and generate root- cause-analysis data for spill generators. The information can be used to improve safety.
- Invoice Auditing Service is available for expert review of charges from cleanup contractors, emergency responders and other service providers to ensure fair pricing (compared to accepted standards) and accuracy. Any inflated charges are negotiated down by Spill Center compliance associates.
Insurers enrolled in Spill Center’s Insurance Partnership Program see the program of spill support for their insureds as an innovative way to increase preparedness to handle environmental releases, while minimizing spill-related costs and potential liability after spills.