Spill Center Saves Clients Money
Spill Center’s support program is designed to help spill generators deal with spill emergencies without expending their own resources to build and maintain a spill emergency response system.
Spill Center helps clients control costs and limit liability after spills requiring emergency clean up in a variety of ways:
- Customized Spill Contingency Plan is tailored to each client’s needs with detailed spill-handling and reporting instructions to facilitate the proper handling of spills, even at night, on weekends and on holidays, anywhere in North America.
- Trained Compliance Associates staff a Spill Hotline 24/7 to activate the client’s contingency plan in the event of a spill and take steps to initiate site cleanup and remediation. Spill Center’s staff includes legal, technical and environmental specialists.
- Avoid Fines and Penalties for failure to make required incident reports within the mandatory reporting window. Spill Center maintains a database of current local, state/provincial and federal reporting requirements for jurisdictions throughout North America to determine which reports must be completed following spills and when. That means no more wading through screen after screen of regulations on government websites searching for information.
- Find Responders Sooner using Spill Center’s Cleanup Contractor database with information on more than 3,000 pre-qualified environmental contractors throughout North America. Clients can find contactors they want, where and when they want. Contractor capabilities, equipment inventories and insurance coverages are also on file.
- Save Time and Money because fleet, safety and operations personnel can access and use the Internet-based system at any time from any location. Call-lists, contractors, reporting requirements, product information, forms and instructions – even electronic messaging – are available in one secure place for instant access.
- Avoid problems because Spill Center services are designed to enable clients to maintain a sound system of internal controls to manage hazmat materials and spill response processes. Thorough documentation of all reporting and remediation activities performed on behalf of clients is maintained to limit environmental liability and establish legal defense against any third-party claims that might arise from spills.
- Proprietary Automated Systems developed by Spill Center track incidents, produce standard and customized reports to identify conditions and trends and generate root- cause-analysis data for spill generators. The information can be used to improve safety.
- Invoice Auditing Service is available for expert review of charges from cleanup contractors, emergency responders and other service providers to ensure fair pricing (compared to accepted standards) and accuracy. Any inflated charges are negotiated down by Spill Center compliance associates.
- Advanced Hazmat Security via Spill Center’s custom hazmat tracking and integrated communications system, which combines satellite tracking technology, wireless communications, online access and specialized databases. Real-time monitoring of hazmat shipments provides improved security of hazardous materials and rapid response to incidents.